425 Market St
San Francisco, CA 94105
“Public Speaking for Lawyers” talk will be presented by Richard Bannin
Richard Bannin is Founder/CEO of the communications consultancy The Confident Speaker. He has trained executives from McKinsey, Lufthansa, Citigroup and Coca-Cola. In addition to coaching individual attorneys, he has presented public speaking workshops at Squire Patton Boggs, the bar associations of San Francisco and Alameda County, the San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association and the San Francisco Legal Network. Richard’s trainings are enriched by his expertise in both theatre and business. A degreed actor/director, his 15 years’ leading high-tech sales presentations generated $100M in revenue. He is an alumnus of William & Mary and Columbia University, and has trained at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London, HB Studios in New York City and American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco.
The key learning points are:
- Learn public speaking basics
- Project presence & authority with body & voice
- Influence your audience non-verbally
- Communicate with difficult people
- Think on your feet
- 11:30 am to Noon – Networking
- 12:00 to 12:15 Introductions
- 12:15 to 12:45 Speaker Presentation
- 12:45 to 1:15 – Audience Learnings
- 1:15 to 1:30 pm – Networking.