425 Market St
San Francisco, CA 94105
“Civil Litigation in the Cannabis Industry: Same Same, But Different” talk will be presented by Katy Young
Katy Young represents plaintiffs and defendants in business disputes and real estate claims, including matters for cannabis industry litigants. For cannabis businesses, she handles mostly partnership disputes and breach of contract matters, including leases. She graduated from University of the Pacific where she played water polo, then she received her law degree from University of San Francisco where she graduated magna cum laude. She has been named a Northern California Super Lawyer Rising Star for 2014 through 2018. In 2018, she was named to Benchmark Litigation’s top 40 under 40 hotlist. She is the President of the National Cannabis Bar Association.
The key learning points are:
- How the cannabis industry is different from other industries
- How far cannabis businesses have progressed
- The unique challenges to bringing and defending legal claims for cannabis industry litigants
- 11:30 am to Noon – Networking
- 12:00 to 12:15 Introductions
- 12:15 to 12:45 Speaker Presentation
- 12:45 to 1:15 – Audience Learnings
- 1:15 to 1:30 pm – Networking.