425 Market St
San Francisco, CA 94105
Presented by Patricia De Fonte
- In this presentation, Patricia De Fonte will discuss:
- How long does it take to draw up an estate plan?
- How much does it cost?
- Why can’t I do it online on my own? But I’m a lawyer – I can just write it up myself, right?
- What if I don’t trust or like my family?
- How do I find the right lawyer?
- What if I don’t have any assets?
- What if I don’t have heirs and don’t care about what happens to my stuff when I die?
- How does estate planning fit in with owning a business, with my insurance, with my community and separate property?
- How can estate planning help if I am incapacitated?
- What if my spouse and I don’t agree?
Patricia was born in St. Luke’s Hospital in the Mission District of San Francisco. She grew up in San Jose, back when it was “Sa-na-zay”, and attended Santa Clara University, where she graduated with a BA in Communication and minor in Italian. After working at TBS in Atlanta and on “The Home Show” in Los Angeles, she moved to Rome, Italy, where she managed a television channel featuring American programming on the first satellite television platform in the Middle East. Returning to San Francisco in 1998, she met her future husband on her first day at Golden Gate University School of Law.
Patricia practiced entertainment and intellectual property law with the Idell Firm for five rewarding and exciting years, and her experience in intellectual property law allows her to work with confidence with artists and others with substantial intellectual property rights.
In her free time, Patricia spends time completing her LL.M. in Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Administration at Golden Gate University, with family and friends, preparing for the zombie apocalypse, supporting causes that are important to her and reading the New Yorker cover to cover.