425 Market St
San Francisco, CA 94105
“The Continuing Battle Over Arbitration for Employment Disputes” talk will be presented by Dean Royer.
Dean has advocated for employees since 2005. He is experienced in three areas of employment law: (1) wrongful termination and harassment, (2) wage and hour, and (3) leaves of absence. Dean represents employees in both the private and public sectors. He has handled a variety of wrongful termination cases, including discrimination, retaliation, harassment, and whistle-blower matters. Dean also represents individuals who have claims regarding their pay (minimum wage, overtime, and unpaid wages), meal and rest violations, and sick leave violations.
The key points of the presentation are:
- The origins of arbitration in the U.S.
- Conflicting interpretations of the scope of the Federal Arbitration Act.
- California’s legislative attempts to limit arbitration.
- Recent developments in the ongoing battle over the use of arbitration for employment disputes.
- 11:30 am to Noon – Networking
- 12:00 to 12:15 Introductions
- 12:15 to 12:45 Speaker Presentation
- 12:45 to 1:15 – Audience Learnings
- 1:15 to 1:30 pm – Networking.