This presentation will cover:
1. How Prop 19 both expands and limits Prop 13.
2. Prop 19 Legislative objective: Closing the Lebowski Loophole.
3. The current property tax structure until February 15, 2021, and changes to property tax reassessments after February 15, 2021.
4. Potential solutions and pitfalls to be avoided.
5. There is no one size fits all solutions for Prop 19. Every property owner’s potential solution is fact specific.
Loren M. Lopin, Attorney at Law
Trusts & Estates P.C.
235 Pine Street, Suite 1150
San Francisco, CA 94104
Loren’s practice focuses on providing comprehensive estate planning counseling to individuals, families, and small business owners, as well as asset protection, probate, and trust administration. Loren is committed to helping his clients understand that the foundation of estate planning is appreciating the value of protecting themselves and their loved ones.
Loren received a B.A. from University of California Los Angeles in 1985. In 1991, Loren received a J.D. degree from the Western State University College of Law. Loren began his legal career in Mergers & Acquisitions with the Office of General Counsel at Bank of America in San Francisco.
Prior to starting his private estate planning practice, Loren was the general counsel for Justsystem Ventures, a venture capital firm located in Menlo Park, California and then established and managed Aspect Ventures, a corporate development fund for Aspect Communications in San Jose.